Would the Toshiba 37X3030D be a good pc monitor?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by coatezy, May 7, 2007.

Tags:
  1. coatezy

coatezy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

Im looking at maybe purchasing this Toshiba 37X3030D (http://www.home-entertainment.toshi.../pages/lcdplasma-regzax-37x3030d?opendocument)

I currently have a Samsung LE23 (rome) And I'm very happy with it and it is a great monitor.. I need my new lcd tv to be a monitor as well but I don’t want black bands around the edges or any distortion.. As the panels resolution is 1920 x 1080p does that mean I can set me pc's resolution to this and it will fill the screen perfectly with a crisp image? Or is the highest res 1280x1024?? if it is will the image still be sharp and fill the screen with no black bands around the edges...

I am getting worried because I have read so many problems that people have been having! But it would appear this is mainly with 32” tv’s with a native resolution of 1366x768?? I don’t want to go and spend £1000 and find I cant use it as a monitor which is what it will be used as 90% of the time...

Thanks!

Tom

2. coatezy

coatezy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Been down to comet and they hooked the tv up to a media pc for me to see if it works ok... It works perfectly! The pictures is sharp and there is no border.. And its an awsome looking tv! Will be purchasing one at the end of the month! :)

3. spedhent

spedhent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    noprobs here, ultra sharp for my PC, i used Powerstrip

4. coatezy

coatezy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I just posted on your thread! :D The one I am buying is the 1080p version.. The X series?? So I shouldnt have to use powerstrip.. Yeah when I tested this one in the store the picture was brilliant!

5. byron_hinson

byron_hinson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +253
    Is that by VGA? Thought it didn't accept anything higher than 1360 through the VGA port?