• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Would the Denon AVR-X2200W match an old Denon AVR 2310 sound-wise?

hiko

As thread title really, the remote control has just died on my crusty old AVR 2310 and I think that's the final nail in the coffin tbh. There are other issues of course: I've been getting audio crackle on raised voices (on my speaker and through headphone) which I think could be a problem with the amp, I have to fiddle about with my headphones at the input before the amp will switch over properly, and it don't do 3D (which isn't a major issue for me tbh).

However the 2310 was a £1000 RRP amp back in the day (I think), whereas the X2200W is but a £500 amp. Does that matter at all? I'm happy upgrading to an amp that sounds just as good (rather than necessarily better), I just don't want to downgrade.

BTW this amp is being used in a relatively modest sized bedroom, so I don't need any fancy amounts of power from my unit.

-BA-

Standard Member
I would love some feedback on this too as I am in exactly the same situation of considering this change with the 2200 currently at £379.

dante01

Distinguished Member
The AVRX2200 would technically be a lower level receiver than the AVR2310. The AVRX3200 or even the AVRX4200 would be a closer comparative model. The AVRX2200 is more akin to the AVR19xx models than the AVR23xx models. Whether you'd actually hear a difference within a small room is debatable though?

Last edited:

gibbsy

As the very happy owner of a 2310 this has crossed my mind, especially if I go down the Atmos route. With the X4200W being £699 at Sevenoaks it really is a teaser.

misae

Had a 2311 and now Denon X1200w. New features, great sound and no complaints. Very a demo, the X1200w does sound different to the X2200w though, the X1200w is punchier and slightly brighter compared to its older brother.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom