1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would new digibox improve picture quality ?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by NickVardy, Jul 8, 2003.

1. NickVardy

NickVardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an old Grundig Sky digibox (not sure of the model number) hooked up to my Philips 36" tv. On most of the channels the picture quality can be very poor, particularly when watching sports. Footballers and cricketers nearly always have a very fuzzy edge to them. I have tried all the different settings on my tv, Pixel Plus, 100 MHZ and Double Lines setting.

Would getting a much newer digi-box improve the picture quality ? Or does anyone have any other suggestions on improving picture quality on 100 MHZ tellies. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for your time.....

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Does your tv have a 50hz option ? 100hz and sports events are not always a good combo.

3. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Nick

All new tv's with that 100hz are pretty lousy when it comes to SKY viewing especially the footie. Did u look on the TV section of this forum? Loads about pixel plus.

Apparently their is a sony tv that can be switched between 100 and 50 hz.

These TV's cost a lot of dough and then don't perform like one would anticipate.

Good luck.

gb--

4. lucien

lucien

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Received this answer yesterday.

Like all consumer electronic equipment manufacturers, Netgem must regularly revise the design of its products to maximise the performance to cost ratio. Without taking advantage of new technology made available by third-party providers, including key items such as the main processor, the DVB front-end and the memory, Netgem's i-Player would not stay in the top-tier group of Freeview decoders very long.

Recently, in addition to a significant software upgrade, Netgem introduced a minor revision in the hardware design of I-Player by taking advantage of a new core processor that became available in replacement of the existing one. The old and new platforms have the same capabilities and in fact run the exact same software and support the same features and accessories. The only perceivable difference is in the rendering and display of heavy HTML pages or JPEG images, mainly because
    the new processor is faster. We hope that you understand Netgem's need to keep up with available
    technology and necessity to adapt to market conditions.

Netgem Customer Service