Would love if someone could help me out, ST30 or C7000

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by Scurrie, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Scurrie

Scurrie
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been pulling my hair out over this.

Basically thinking of replacing my LE40C580 which as many of you know is a cracking set, with either the Panasonic ST30 (50") or the Samsung C7000 (50").

| ST30

| C7000

Both are plasmas and both got good write-ups. The ST30 is currently £700 with a 5 year warranty but I can get the C7000 for £500 with a standard year warranty.

Is the Panasonic one worth the extra £200? Im worried about the panel problems with Panasonic's 2011 line.

Will be used purely for HD content (Blurays) and 3D gaming.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  2. videoquest

videoquest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I'm in exactly the same situation. I'm leaning towards the ST30 as I've read that the C7000 is quite bad with image retention. There's also issues with firmware, glasses losing sync etc. which they seem to have improved with the D series. I'm sure the panasonic has its own problems though...

3. Scurrie

Scurrie
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Ye the panasonic has some serious problems with green blobs from what I've read. Also the brightness/backlight IMO didn't look as good. As for the C7000 its possible to downgrade the firmware to combat crosstalk, just dont know if the panasonic is good enough to warrant a £200 jump in price, especially with its potential issues?