Question Would like a HC system, but little knowledge...lol

Yellowduck

Standard Member
Hi

Would appreciate ideas for a basic Home Cinema system. I have seen on here people running miles of cat6 cable, speaker wires, etc, but really looking for something simple. For a start, I’m nearly 60, and probably a £5000 set up would be wasted on my hearing!

I currently have a 55’’ Q series Samsung, with a Yamaha sound bar and sub. We are moving in the next few months to a bungalow which I am currently refurbishing and is pending a full rewire/replumb/replaster so chasing walls is not a problem, although it has concrete floors, so everything has to come down from loft area.

My son has a full Sonos set up in his bungalow and is trying to push me to go down this route for ease. I did think an Atmos system would be nice after a few cinema outings, but I am not sure the size/format of the room would really justify it.

Probably thinking more of a decent 5.1 set up, with a sound bar / centre speaker under TV, couple of front speakers ( I currently have a couple of Acoustic Q series speakers on stands wired into one Sonos amp to play my iPhone music though ( I said I was a bit of a dinosaur) which I thought I could use (or I can use them elsewhere in the bungalow).

I did think about getting someone in to ‘advise’ me, but am a bit concerned that if it is a shop, they will just try and flog me things that are overkill.

I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.......

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom