Question Would I seen an huge improvement...

Discussion in 'OLED TVs Forum' started by FaxFan2002, Sep 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Going from a Sony 55x903 to OLD55B7V?

I suspect yes, but is it worth the difference, anyone done it?

2. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    55XD9305 that is, though I suspect you answered the question based on that :)

3. EV3A

EV3A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +726
    You'd absolutely see a massive difference. Regardless of the lcd (even full array) they won't come close to black levels oled produce, the response times are also nowhere near the instant response time of oled (va panels commonly used suffer from smearing), viewing angles are also better on oled too.

IPS panels I'd say offer a nicer experience in terms of viewing angle, as oleds have a slight tinge on extreme angles but the blacks are terrible as is backlight bleed and clouding. VA panels offer better black levels but terrible viewing angles.

The only real drawback with oled compared to some lcds is in terms of brightness, currently no oled comes close to the peak nits certain lcd displays reach, although I'd rather have better minimum luminance than retina burning brightness.

You currently own one of the best lcds out there, but any current oled will be a massive step up....

4. lloydread

lloydread

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +252
    If you get some good content then yes. I was looking around a shop today and with them all playing bargain hunt on bbc1 non-HD, there was little difference to notice tbf.

I'm going oled to fix viewing angles and DSE. I think black levels on LCD are pretty good with bias lighting, but won't need that on OLED.