1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would I see an improvement from a Yamaha RX-V640 to an RX-V4600, comments please?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Nitrox, Sep 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Nitrox

Nitrox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As Title, comments would be helpful from people who have gone with this upgrade.

Thanks for any help and comments in advance.

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    Yamaha maintan that all there amps have the same sound, but the just should be large. Really it all depends what your looking for and what it will be partnered with?

The difference will not be night and day but it will sure be big, i went from a 620 to a 2500 and there was certainly a difference. The surround effects seemed to be there alot more, pro logic 2 is brilliant if you don't have it already. Also there is practicaly no channel bleeding i.e. stuff from the centre channel can be heard on the left and the right too (although faintly).

Auto setuo will also be good, it should have the very newest version.

3. Markie Boy

Markie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Perth, Western Australia (Originally Ireland)
    Ratings:
    +228
    Quote - "Would I see an improvement from a Yamaha RX-V640 to a RX-V4600"

No, but you would hear a big difference!!!

My advice would be to wait and get the RXV2600 when it comes out in a month or so.

4. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    The 2600 looks very good, although its power section does not look as good as the 4600, it does look like it will have features that will outway what will probably be a small improvement.

Best thing to do would be to look at there features, go and demo them if you can, the same place with the same content (take your own music and dvd's) if possible.

There will certainly be a difference though and if you want some more high end speakers you will have to upgrade as the power section of the 6xx series isn't quite up to it.