Question Would I be disenchanted with the upgrade?

stelen

Hi. I guess this one is for the non-netflixers and non-uhd disc buyers.
I am looking for an upgrade to my superb Sony 55inch w829. I have been looking at the usual 65 inch suspects... B8, c8, xf9005, ZF9. The LG because its oled & value for money and the Sony because I have always been a Sony fanboy and I understand the upscaling properties are yet to be beaten.
So Mr Teccy at JL has let me play with settings and I am coming to the conclusion that I may be better staying with old faithful or buying a cheaper LG 70uk6950 because nothing appears to offer me more as a HD only user.
Has anyone upgraded from the w829 and been utterly gutted.. Or have the home calibration settings sorted the PQ issues of HD upscaling on a bigger screen? I sit 2.5 metres away, love my bluray movies and always dim room. The other half likes free view HD.

Dodgexander

I wouldn't worry so much about HD and upscaling on an UHD model at 2.5m away. You'll even be fine with a 75".

This is especially true if using blu-ray discs which are still very good quality, probably better still than UHD streams on Netlflix and alike today.

My suggestion would be to go for an OLED, if you want good built in sound and like Sony the AF8 is a good choice.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom