Would changing my TV/speaker placement reduce noise through walls to neighbours much?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Igniseus, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Igniseus

Igniseus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I currently have my TV located next to the wall of my neighbour (terraced house), which includes a 5.1 500w sound system, with the sub-woofer literally inches from the wall!

Would it be worth relocating all the equipment to the opposite side of the room? The speakers wouldn't be as close to their wall (rear speakers excluded) and the sub-woofer (producing most of the wall penetrating noise I guess) would be about 4m from the wall as opposed to practically touching it.

Below is (a very bad drawing of) the room layout:

Thanks all

Attached Files:

2. lockdown81

lockdown81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    not sure if im right but i think bass is parametric so the sub dont matter where it goes it still does the same where ever it is in the room ?

and ive also herd that the speakers are better on the neighbours wall as it directs the sound away from there wall ?

please do not hold me to this and i know someone will be able to correct me on this or tell you the proper way but this is only what ive been told , as im in thinking of the same thing at mo with my set up