Would AVR600 Auto setup help?

Damian1978

Hi chaps,

Recently moved to a new build house with nice new rooms and electrics :)

My AV room is now a little smaller (just over 11ft wide by 9ft deep).

Sounds really dynamic and lots of detail in high and mids and quite low punchy bass but....getting the odd bit of booming from the sub (I think) as its mainly with films.

Speakers have bungs in the rear ports (but fronts and centre) and are on granite plinths. So is the down firing sub. Not 100% sure on the speaker levels but distances are accurate.

Would Auto Setup help? Does it adjust EQ?

Ta

P.S. Cambridge Audio/Oppo need to make a BD player for Arcam. The 651BD is spot on!!

Avi

Distinguished Member
Hi chaps,

Recently moved to a new build house with nice new rooms and electrics :)

My AV room is now a little smaller (just over 11ft wide by 9ft deep).

Sounds really dynamic and lots of detail in high and mids and quite low punchy bass but....getting the odd bit of booming from the sub (I think) as its mainly with films.

Speakers have bungs in the rear ports (but fronts and centre) and are on granite plinths. So is the down firing sub. Not 100% sure on the speaker levels but distances are accurate.

Would Auto Setup help? Does it adjust EQ?

Ta

P.S. Cambridge Audio/Oppo need to make a BD player for Arcam. The 651BD is spot on!!

IIRC the AVR600 has the Analog Devices ART (Auto Room Tuning) solution. It may resolve your bass issue but introduce other more unacceptable issues due to the way it works.

An alternative is to move the sub (and/or listening position) to find a location that doesn't excite problem room modes at the listening position. Treatment at early reflection points may also improve performance in the higher frequencies.

Maybe Arcam should approach BBK who own the Oppo brand and manufacture players for other companies possible even CA but they won't confirm.....

Avi

Last edited:

Damian1978

No flies on you Avi :)

Thanks again. May try the Auto Setup out of curiousity and will move the sub a tad further away from the corners.

Yep, BBK can make a fine player. Anything based on this platform would be better than the Broadcom solution Arcam used. Really really impressed. Its done what the FMJ DV139 did for DVDs and CDs to my BD collection and a better or rather less fussy SACD/DVDA config over HDMI than the DV139 has.

Good stuff.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom