Would appreciate it if people could sign this please

AVF Jay

Ex Member
Reaction score
As title I'd appreciate it if fellow avf members could sign this online petition please.

As the circumstances sicken me, and I really hope she serves her full sentence.

Thanks

LINK

Here is a quick background

About this time last year a good friend of mine was knocked off his motorbike and run over by a very drunk driver. The woman in question then fled the scene leaving my friend dying in the road. She was subsequently arrested, charged and eventually pleaded guilty at the last available opportunity to death by careless driving. This put the family and friends through an unnecessary 6 months of hell as they endured the wheels of the legal system gearing up for a full trial only for the plea to then be changed. Following this, the judge gave her the maximum sentence possible (with guilty plea discount) of 6 years, to which she could have realistically expected to be released in around 2 and a half...

Fast forward to the present day. She has now served 6 months of her sentence and is applying for early release due to 'undue hardship.' There is a very real chance of this happening and the family of the victim has not been given any opportunity to formally state their case through an impact statement, due to the incompetence of the legal system not informing them of the appeal in time.

The family and friends are doing all they can to state their case through the proper channels and have managed to get a meeting with the CPS a mere 6 days before the hearing starts. In the meantime, a close friend has started an online petition to vent our frustration an hopefully make the point that we feel utterly let down by the legal system as well as disgusted at a woman that has at every opportunity attempted to avoid the consequences of her dreadful crime. If you feel as disgusted as I am at this then please sign it.

Apologies in advance to the spelling/grammar Nazis but she was understandably upset when she wrote it, as am I writing this!

Nothing can bring my friend back but I and everyone that knew him would just like to see justice served in some small form.

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
You would be better off contacting your MP direct. Even if you have more time, e-petitions are a sop that are broadly being ignored- the first two to break 100,000 signatures still have no schedule to be heard.

That being said, good luck with it.

HI,

I'd also recommend you get in touch with local press and media, and maybe even national media like the Daily Mail, Daily Express, The Sun, et al, as they love these kinds of stories. (No offence intended. :( ) They are likely to be your quickest bet at getting publicity about the case, the offence, the sentencing, and your specific circumstances about a potential miscarriage of justice, for free.

Pooch

I feel sorry for the what the family has had to go through but I won't sign the petition as I don't know enough about this case.

If the petition was geared towards delaying her appeal process so the family could mount a decent defence then I'd sign.

She drank, she hit him and left him to die, is that about the size of it?

Signed!

I'm not sure any of this will do any good tbh. It seems that it's all about the crim than the Victims these days.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, the court have allowed the petition to be used as part of the impact statement at the hearing.

I feel the petition will help in court.

Thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom