Would any of you do this?

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
Good on him! Bloody well deserved a job after doing what he did.

That's what you call thinking outside the box!!

SBT

Banned
Good on him.I wish we had a few million more like him,willing to get off their arses and do whatever it takes to get back into work.Top man :thumbsup:

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Would replacing the words on the sign with, "Please give me some sex", product worthwhile results I wonder? ;)

vex

Novice Member
I would.

I got laid off just at the end of 2008 and knew of a shop needing staff, so just rang and asked I they were interested in me for couple of months.

Was working for them within the week and the Bounced into something else two months later.

Now working for myself again and doing well. Could never just sit there I get bored after 3 days of holiday!

V.

liamt

Would replacing the words on the sign with, "Please give me some sex", product worthwhile results I wonder? ;)
works for the homeless guys who say things like 'i need money for beer' :)

fair play to the guy though, it shows he is determined, which is what an employer wants.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Fair play to him, nice to see some people get off their ass and get out there looking for work anyway they can.

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
I would.

I got laid off just at the end of 2008 and knew of a shop needing staff, so just rang and asked I they were interested in me for couple of months.

Was working for them within the week and the Bounced into something else two months later.

Now working for myself again and doing well. Could never just sit there I get bored after 3 days of holiday!

V.
That's not the same as standing on a busy road junction, most people who want a job will cold call on employers. I was made redundant the same year as you and went calling door to door on businesses asking for work and it paid off.

its_all_Greek

Distinguished Member
I wouldn't do it. I can't imagine many professionals getting a job that way.
The guy may not be a professional but he had the intelligence enough to realise that most employers in this current financial environment wouldn't give him the time of day no matter a interview after not working for a couple of years.
He showed he was prepared to go that extra mile to get noticed than just sending out job applications.

Tempest

Distinguished Member
If there is a long legged blonde hair, blue eye's attractive lady, say early 20's that is looking for employment and she stands in a bikini with the same sign, I feel she would probably end up getting something before the end of the 1st day.

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
The guy may not be a professional but he had the intelligence enough to realise that most employers in this current financial environment wouldn't give him the time of day no matter a interview after not working for a couple of years.
He showed he was prepared to go that extra mile to get noticed than just sending out job applications.
But he's been out of work for two years, what's he been doing all that time? I did more than 'just send out job applications' after a few weeks of being made redundant.

liamt

...Hypothermia
i was going to say an STD :)

hell, if she is fit enough i might consider a nanny for the nipper or swapping my wife :)

its_all_Greek

Distinguished Member
But he's been out of work for two years, what's he been doing all that time? I did more than 'just send out job applications' after a few weeks of being made redundant.
The article said he had been a full time carer for a former partner so couldn't work because of that.

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
The article said he had been a full time carer for a former partner so couldn't work because of that.
It also says he was looking for work during that time. Maybe if he'd concentrated on one or the other he might have been more successful instead of falling between two stones.

liamt

It also says he was looking for work during that time. Maybe if he'd concentrated on one or the other he might have been more successful instead of falling between two stones.
maybe the partner died? bit harsh either way

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more

Latest News

Kef announces KW1 Wireless Subwoofer Adapter
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 9th August 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Linn announces Majik DSM digital streamer upgrade
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony announces WH-1000XM4 noise cancelling headphones
  • By Andy Bassett