Would a xls200 work well with svs

carldavis11

Standard Member
Reaction score
Im looking to buy the svs speakers but im going to struggle to get the full 5.1 so would a BK xls200 work well with the speakers.

Thanks
Carl

It would work with the speakers in as much as it will fill in the lower mid and upper bass that the speakers themselves won't reproduce but it obviously won't provide the true sub bass experience of the more expensive SVS subwoofers

I'd agree.
Changing the SB12+ to a black PB10 would save a few bob :smashin:
And it's actually better, if you can stand the looks and size.

The Monolith is even cheaper, I think and that would also give excellent results.

Well worth it, if you can manage it, although it is a fair bit of money.

Thanks guys, Im gonna stuggle to get the money together to buy the speakers, sub and an amp so as far as I can tell that combination would be the best value for money.

Also even if i could stretch to that amount I would still stuggle with the thought of spending 400 on speakers and 460 (package deal price) on the sub. Does it really make that much difference?

Thanks again
Carl

I'd say it's definitely worth the £120 you'd save by going for the xls.

I'd advise you to go second hand, but SVS and BK owners tend to hold on to their gear and availabilty is poor.
I don't know what amp you're considering, but maybe going the S/H route could make up the difference?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom