Question Would a French bought gx950 have freesat?

rosbif

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if I bought a gz950 over here in France would it still have the freesat and uk catch-up on the menu if I switched it to English?

No. It'll be tuned for french TV. To get Freesat in France you either have to stream it over the internet using a vpn or have a dish put up and have a Freesat boxed shipped from the uk. Over the internet is better if you have a decent connection speed, as the weather greatly effects the dish signal ( to the point you lose channels for hours/days) since they moved the satellites years back.

You can get Sky (standard) or Sky Q installed, but these services are not cheap. I looked at getting sky and they wanted 1500 to supply and fit and supply a UK address. Then you have your subscription costs on top. Sky Q was 2k + subscription.

Last edited:
Thanks. It was more a question of whether the tv will have the uk menus available. I already have sky via satellite and catch up via a vpn.

Anyone know?

Not sure about Panasonic but I just bought an LG led in Spain and when I set the menu to UK English and input the desired postcode it automatically activated the FreeSat tuner and menu not just a generic tuner as I had expected.

I spoke to Panasonic about it and they said only the gz950b will have uk catch up menus. The gz950e sold in Europe won’t have them

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom