1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wot should I do ???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by graham r j, Nov 11, 2003.

1. graham r j

graham r j

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you can see from my signature, I've got a bit of a mis-match on my speaker set-up.
    What I was thinking of doing is buying a pair of Mission ms74i 's and another pair of ms77ds 's and using them instead of the Tannoy's.(M7C1i for the front centre instead of the Tannoy and M77ds for surround back)
    Will I get a better sound quality ? Are the Missions better for home cinema use? Are my sub's any good or do I need an up-grade?
    Sorry for so many questions, but I want to try and get a good sound from my system and possibly better performance for a limited budget so if anyone can steer me in the right direction please do so.

TTFN

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Dump one or both the subs and get a new one. Trying to integrate 2 diff. subs is a nightmare. :(

Replacing the M3's at the front with new speakers may improve things - they are decent floorstanders - but if you get Missions, DON'T get the M7C1 centre......it's pants. The M7C2 is a much better design. For the rear centre, a bookshelf speaker is generally regarded as better than another dipole, so stick with the Tannoy you have.