Wot? No what are we watching this Christmas thread?

brian s

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I'm often a bit of a miserable bugger when it comes to the build up to Christmas but I usually love the actual day. So far I've watched Gremlins and a couple of Xmas Dr Who episodes. Tonight is Still Life At The Penguin Cafe. My wife quite rightly says it's got nothing to do with Christmas but it just feels like it is. It looks like it's happening at a Christmas gathering when it's cold and dark outside. I love it and it makes it feel like Christmas to me. Come on get over the Covid blues and enlighten everyone on what you're all cheering yourselves up with this year.

Bri

I usually spend Xmas day alone, so use the opportunity to watch a good long man film in the afternoon. This year I have gone for the new 4K release of Spartacus. In the evening I will be finishing off my Star Wars marathon with The Rise of Skywalker (which I have never seen)

Xmas eve and it’s Tenet in 4K then Xmas day maybe American Gangster 4K.
In my dreams. Likely be excruciating TV

I reckon my 6 year old daughter would love Die Hard, so I would have said probably that, however, my wife assured me that wasn't really appropriate. Back up was Home Alone, however, given the burglary/home invasion theme, that's also off limits it seems. So likely to be some generic rubbish on Netflix instead - if I eat and drink enough, I'll probably fall asleep anyway.
1608648429384.png

I'm planning on watching a proper Christmas movie on Christmas Day, the remake of Ben Hur. One of my favourite movies but due to the 222 minute run time not one I watch very often, in fact it's nearly 5 years since I last watched it. This definitely needs an UHD release which I'm sure will look fabulous.
I also plan on watching the original 1925 silent version at some point over the Christmas period, only watched once before and don't recall too much but do remember it being good. Only have it on DVD so will be interesting to see what it looks like on the projector.

When I was young before we had video recorders Christmas was always an exiting time for movies on television. I remember getting the Radio Times and TV Times and looking through making a note of when all the good movies were on. The TV premier of a James Bond movie was such a big event and definitely a must watch.

We’ve got Amazon delivering Tenet 4K today for the wife and I to watch tomorrow night, then I think Christmas Day will be Soul as a family movie on Disney Plus.

When I was young before we had video recorders Christmas was always an exiting time for movies on television. I remember getting the Radio Times and TV Times and looking through making a note of when all the good movies were on. The TV premier of a James Bond movie was such a big event and definitely a must watch.
I still remember that the TV premier of Back to the Future clashed with another TV premier on another channel (can’t remember what film it was) & I had the difficult decision of which to watch live & which to record :laugh:

Think I'm going to watch The Great Escape. Been a while.

The Muppets Christmas Carol - grim , very very grim

I reckon my 6 year old daughter would love Die Hard, so I would have said probably that, however, my wife assured me that wasn't really appropriate. Back up was Home Alone, however, given the burglary/home invasion theme, that's also off limits it seems. So likely to be some generic rubbish on Netflix instead - if I eat and drink enough, I'll probably fall asleep anyway.View attachment 1427172

It's a Christmas film so should be fine 😆😆

Yesterday, my boys and I watched Daddy’s Home 2 - which I hadn’t realised (or had forgotten) is set during Christmas! It even ends with a cast rendition of Do They Know it’s Christmas!

I haven't watched any Christmas films this year. Really not been in the mood for them to be honest.

Watched The Devil All The Time on Xmas Day evening. That was pretty festive :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom