Wot no fog on the Tyne? Nah just HDR

tontoshorse

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
How did you get that angle? were you on a boat?

V. nice pic BTW.

Bloody good shot there, you've got the exposure spot on.

Lovely shot, must admit to considering that lens myself.

Bill
Thanks Bill, I've done that shot before (its compulsory up here) with the 18-200 VR and the Tamron is noticably sharper.

Bloody good shot there, you've got the exposure spot on.

Thanks Dave

Composition works well and I like the long reflections.

Cheers Dave, the norm is to wait for the tide to stop and get a mirror like reflection, but like yourself I do prefer the long reflections for a change.

thanks all. :smashin:

Cool shot, great reflections and colour, wish i had somewhere like that to photograph.

Mark.

great shot.

an interesting coloured sky you have there over in Newcastle :)

Cool shot, great reflections and colour, wish i had somewhere like that to photograph.

Mark.

cheers mark -get yourself a passport! We're a friendly bunch :smashin:

great shot.

an interesting coloured sky you have there over in Newcastle :)

Thanks, the light pollution always gives that muddy colour on long eposures (this was about 8 secs).

:cool:

Great shot :thumbsup:

Did you enter this into Digital SLR Magazine? if so well done because it got in!

I have been trying to work out if its yours and it looks exactly the same compositionally and the boat to the right is there, the colours are well different in the magazine but I think thats down to print.

Did you enter this into Digital SLR Magazine? if so well done because it got in!

I have been trying to work out if its yours and it looks exactly the same compositionally and the boat to the right is there, the colours are well different in the magazine but I think thats down to print.

It'll not be mine, there are a zillion shots from that spot - you can just about make out the tripod marks on the pavement. :D

Well remembered though. :smashin:

Edit: who's it credited to?

Last edited:
A local chap around there called Gary Gallagher, had a little statement and everything.

Your picture just stuck in my head, so take that as a compliment.

Honestly just pop into ASDA and turn to page 17. It'll amaze you, its exactly same but colours. I was side by side comparing them trying to find a difference.

A local chap around there called Gary Gallagher, had a little statement and everything.

Your picture just stuck in my head, so take that as a compliment.

Honestly just pop into ASDA and turn to page 17. It'll amaze you, its exactly same but colours. I was side by side comparing them trying to find a difference.

Is it this one?

bridges at night on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Super shot mate. Subtle HDR makes it pop real nice :thumbsup:

Could well be, the picture of the dude in the magazine has less hair....but maybe the one on Flickr is an older pic...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom