• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Wot no fog on the Tyne? Nah just HDR

tontoshorse

Prominent Member
Last edited:

tontoshorse

Prominent Member
Lovely shot, must admit to considering that lens myself.

Bill
Thanks Bill, I've done that shot before (its compulsory up here) with the 18-200 VR and the Tamron is noticably sharper.

Bloody good shot there, you've got the exposure spot on.

Thanks Dave

Composition works well and I like the long reflections.

Cheers Dave, the norm is to wait for the tide to stop and get a mirror like reflection, but like yourself I do prefer the long reflections for a change.

thanks all. :smashin:

mark1000

Distinguished Member
Cool shot, great reflections and colour, wish i had somewhere like that to photograph.

Mark.

fresh27

Standard Member
great shot.

an interesting coloured sky you have there over in Newcastle :)

TarMoo

Prominent Member
Great shot :thumbsup:

granty_

Established Member
Did you enter this into Digital SLR Magazine? if so well done because it got in!

I have been trying to work out if its yours and it looks exactly the same compositionally and the boat to the right is there, the colours are well different in the magazine but I think thats down to print.

tontoshorse

Prominent Member
Did you enter this into Digital SLR Magazine? if so well done because it got in!

I have been trying to work out if its yours and it looks exactly the same compositionally and the boat to the right is there, the colours are well different in the magazine but I think thats down to print.

It'll not be mine, there are a zillion shots from that spot - you can just about make out the tripod marks on the pavement. :D

Well remembered though. :smashin:

Edit: who's it credited to?

Last edited:

granty_

Established Member
A local chap around there called Gary Gallagher, had a little statement and everything.

Your picture just stuck in my head, so take that as a compliment.

Honestly just pop into ASDA and turn to page 17. It'll amaze you, its exactly same but colours. I was side by side comparing them trying to find a difference.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom