Wot new card?

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found out today I'm going to get £200 in Amazon vouchers from work :smashin: so that's going towards a new card.

I'm prepared to add £100 to the pot, maybe a few quid more so spec away. I'm thinking GTX 670 which are around £300 from Amazon. Any other suggestions? Can't help but notice that 580's are still going for prices not too far off the 670's!

Remember, it MUST be from Amazon, ideally Amazon themselves, not any reseller or marketplace vender.

Last edited:
stock evga 670 at that price, no brainer, its 290 odd on amazon

unless youre running a 580 at the mo, in which case sli 580's

Last edited:
No SLI and no 580! It's a 1Gb GTX 460 which has provided two years of sterling service and, TBH still does a good job now but while I have the vouchers I want to get a card that will do the job if/when I upgrade to a 1080p or better monitor!

Last edited:
no SLi an no 580! It's a 1Gb GTX 460 which has provided two years of sterling service and, TBH still does a good job now but while I have the vouchers I want to get a card that will do the job if/when I upgrade to a 1080p or better monitor!

definitely 670 then, either evga or kfa2 imo.

That's a beauty. Careful about the reference cooler, mine gets a tad noisy (I have MSI card)
Have a look at Asus DCII range.

I've looked at the Asus card but they're about £40 extra over the reference cards.

Well, I guess It might be only a problem with the MSI OC version after all, I found quite a few people around the web complaining about the whirring fan. And, if you really like the card, you can always stick Accelero Twin Turbo on it at a later date.

Hmm Amazon have a Sapphire 3GB 7970 for £304 at the moment. Temptation!

Hmm Amazon have a Sapphire 3GB 7970 for £304 at the moment. Temptation!

7970 gives a 680 a run for its money so if youre getting a new one anyway its a no brainer imo :thumbsup:

That's a great price for a custom cooled card esp. when you consider Amazon are selling Sapphire's hotter running and noisier reference card for over £30 more. Should be the other way round but who's complaining :D

A mild OC and you'll get 7970 GHZ Edition level performance for a lot less cash.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit having used a £25 voucher for my replacement headset (therefore only having £175 left) a 660ti 2Gb is looking mightily attractive right now as i can't see a monitor change on the horizon the way finances are at the moment. I have a rather large windfall coming soon but that's going on a car. I guess we'll see what's what at the end of next month as my work bonus should be significantly higher.

Asus gtx 670 :)

Not sure I can justify flogging £100 extra on the 670 reference when an Asus one is closer to £350. I know I could get £60-£70 for my GTX 460 but it's still a stretch. Looking at 7950's as well.

Yeah its £340 on Amazon, meant to be the fastest and quietest though. Some great reviews from what I have read.

Asus Nvidia GeForce 2GB GTX 670 DirectCU II Graphics Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

I am looking for a card for my build too. I am going for a GTX 670. Probably the ones above but there are others.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Palit-GeFor...ZZS0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345982544&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-GeF-GD...L3W0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1345982544&sr=8-2

I'm new to all this so not sure exactly how much difference there is between each of the cards, I just know the Asus is meant to be very good.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Must admit I love the asus direct cu cards. I have 2 (5850 and 5770) and they are silent and cool

Have a look at pc world. Use codes10 to get 10% off

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom