1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wot A Plonker I Am!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Spacecat, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Spacecat

Spacecat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +583
    Thought this story of my stupidity might give you all a laugh!!
    To set the scene of wot follows, I consider myself fairly proficient
    technically when it comes to PC,s etc (I have built 20 that are all reported to still be working perfectly)

Now as an avid games player esp the PES/WE6 series on PS2 I like to have the best possible set up, my particular set up involves me playing my PS2 on my 20 inch PC monitor via the Verdant/Sagemaster VGA box which works very well.However I noticed on LIKSANG that they were selling an updated VGA box for PS2 which did double scan conversion and/component output (i.e. a much better picture!!)

So I sent off for said item and about a week later it arrived, plugged it in nothing happened , pressed the buttons nothing
    Igot so ****ed off i literally harangued LIKSANG via Email, demanding my money, demanding a replacement etc etc and threatening to cancel my order for an afterburner GBA case,
    etc etc.I reckon i sent about 15 emails in all. I originally recieved the VGA box about 7 weeks ago and left it in its box gathering dust.I did receive a couple of responses telling me that a technical person would contact me which they never did, then i got a message saying they were down due to tech reasons
    which we all now know is the MS LAWSUIT!!

So today as i have a day off work i thought i would see if i could fix it as i believe LIKSANG are now gone bust i might never get
    a refund or exchange so wot the hell.

on opening it up I SAW 2 BLACK BUTTONS which were underneath what i thought was some FANCY DESIGN PLASTIC CASING, I PUSHED THEM AND THE BLOODY THING CAME ON!!!!! WOT I THOUGHT WAS THE CASE DESIGN WAS A VERY SLICK WELL DESIGNED SLIDING BUTTON,THE BUTTONS I HAD BEEN PRESSING WERE THE MENU BUTTONS TO SELECT , COMPONENT!!!!!

THIS THING WORKS SUPERBLY !!!! THE DIFFERENCE IN THE PICTURE WITH THE COMPONENT /DUAL SCAN IS AMAZING , RICH DEEP COLOURS, SMOOTH LIFELIKE CHARACTERS .I WOULD SAY
    60% BETTER!!!!!!!

THE JOKE IS NOW THAT LIKSANG HAS GONE BUST IM PROBABLY ONE OF THE LAST PEOPLE TO GET ONE BECAUSE ONLY THEY SOLD IT!!!

WELL THEY CAN KEEP MY AFTERBURNER CASE MONEY (£10)
    IM TOO EMBARASSED TO ASK FOR IT BACK!!

anyway hope i gave you a laugh!!!!!:blush: :blush: :blush:

2. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I find myself doing things like that sometimes too. Got my yammy 630 amp about 3 months ago set it all up but couldnt get any sound, arsed about with it for ages, then my g/f pressed the 6ch button and hey presto. Felt very stupid, considering she doesnt have a clue about anything like that.

3. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    i work as a network installer and spent most of a dat wondering why the pc wouldn't connect to the network - i reimaged the PC ran checks, smoked a lot of fags and was about to give up when the user asked me what the cable on the floor was for? the cable was the ethernet cable to connect the PC to the network! i felt like such a fool!!!! ha ha

Gary