Worthwhile upgrade from a Sony 725?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Chippy99, Mar 23, 2001.

1. Chippy99

Chippy99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +523
    I bought a Sony 725 a couple of years ago when they came out and its served me well. However, at Christmas I splashed out on a load of AV gear, including a Panasonic TH-42PW3 plasma and TagMcLaren AV32R & 1005R. So the Sony is by miles the weakest link now. Also, the reason I got the Tag stuff is because I listen to lots of CD's and really valued my hifi (which was pretty good before).

So the question is, how much do I have to pay to get a significant improvement (both in terms of picture and "sound" - i.e. digital out) over the Sony? Naturally I would like the Tag DVD, but its way too mucb money - I am skint now!

What players would you guys recommend? Or should I just wait and save up for the Tag? Any thoughts / suggestions?

Chip.

2. MALC

MALC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Chip
    Have a look at Denon you might find them a good quality player.

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Don't compromise. Save for the Tag. Use the Sony for now, you really won't see a huge difference until you get to an Arcam, Toshiba 900 or the almighty Tag anyway. The Sony was a good player two years ago and that in my book still makes it a good player.