worth using S Video/RGB instead of Scart?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DOLOMITE, Sep 17, 2007.

1. DOLOMITE

DOLOMITE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not that straightforward,my DVD has outputs for S Video, SCART, and component (RGB) . Unfortunately my TV has only a scart input.

So for the DVD picture I'm just running scart-to-scart (sound is digital coax to AV amp), but I'd be interested to know if there's any benefit in buying a scart to S Video or Scart to RGB type cable? Or is it just a case of lowest common denominator so as long as SCART is used at the TV end, scart quality is the best I'll get?

2. s_rouse

s_rouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, your running RGBs from the scart on the DVD at the moment. If your screen doesn't accept component (red green and blue phonos) then RGBs from the scart is the best you will get (better than s-video).

cheers

3. DOLOMITE

DOLOMITE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Thanks for the reply. I'm currently running Scart (DVD) to Scart (TV)

My option is to go to

2xRCA & SVideo (DVD) to Scart (TV)
    3xRCA (DVD) to Scart (TV)

TV has to be Scart. I just wondered if either of these two options would give me better picture/sound than scart-scart. I'm guessing not.

4. s_rouse

s_rouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, no it wouldn't be any better quality, running RGBs through scart (set-up at the moment) is the best connection you have available. if you mean 3 rca's red green blue to scart, that wouldn't work because the scart at the TV end would need to be wired for component. cheers