Worth upgrading?

PCambo

Thought I’d ask in the right place. Would it be a worth while upgrade going from a pioneer vsx-1131 to a Denon x3700h

My current set up is
Dali oberon vokal
4x Dali oberon on wall
Svs sb-1000

Will be staying 5.1 for the foreseeable. The room is a living room not a dedicated room and speaker placement isn’t perfect but not bad.

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
It certainly sounds like you have got upgraditis :rolleyes: . I still feel the Pioneer will last another couple of years and then stock should be more freely available. But if you must, then the AVC-3700H (Audyssey MultEQ XT32) is a better product than the AVR-X2700H (Audyssey MultEQ XT) due to its ability to tune your speakers to a higher level plus that little extra power plus the other obvious difference like extra channels, etc... The only real issue is stock. It seems some might drop towards the end of the month, but that could change

PCambo

It certainly sounds like you have got upgraditis :rolleyes: . I still feel the Pioneer will last another couple of years and then stock should be more freely available. But if you must, then the AVC-3700H (Audyssey MultEQ XT32) is a better product than the AVR-X2700H (Audyssey MultEQ XT) due to its ability to tune your speakers to a higher level plus that little extra power plus the other obvious difference like extra channels, etc... The only real issue is stock. It seems some might drop towards the end of the month, but that could change
I’m just thinking might as well. If it’s not holding back speakers I’ve got no problem keeping it for a while.

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Aye, I did notice that someone commented on one of the other threads (cannot remember which one)

It's easier to get forgiveness than ask permission!

I've a relative who says this all the time and when I saw the comment I couldn't help giggle as I've seen some of the purchases he's made over the years :rolleyes:

PCambo

I just don’t tell her how much it costs 😉

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Had one customer who upgraded his plasma from a 60" to a 65" flagship and told his missus we'd phoned him to say his TV was due a substantial upgrade (asked us to go along with it if she phoned). He wasn't telling a lie as such either as it was an upgrade from his last TV, but when he added the word software between substantial upgrade :rolleyes: I never thought he would get away with it

I know when he got the TV home and it has grown 5 inches, his missus didn't notice that part, nor did she comment on the fact that she could watch 3D for the first time. but she was amazed at how much better the image was with her commenting "its just like looking through the window" :laugh:

Have to say, I think this was the best blag I've ever seen anyone pull when buying a new gadget

PCambo

That’s a great story. Maybe one for the future for me. I still get away with saying stuff is half the price I pay. She hasn’t even asked about the new dali’s

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom