• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Worth upgrading?

matt9713

Hi all, after a spot of advice if possible.

I bought an Onkyo all-in one package last year (HTS6305) and have since bought the following rears as a replacement:

Q ACOUSTICS QAV WALL MOUNT REAR SPEAKERS (PAIR) - available from Superfi UK Visit http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/product_id/4006 for details

I've noticed that RS have got the following centre speaker on sale for £30 tomorrow:

Tannoy MERCURY FC CUSTOM Apple | Offer ends close of business 17/05/11 | Richer Sounds

Is it worth upgrading? Will I find that the centre speaker much better than the one that came with the onkyo out the box?

I appreciate I need to ensure my fronts compliment the centre speaker (or vice versa) but I do plan on upgrading those in the near future, but see this as a good opportunity to upgrade my centre.

I would encourage your opinions...

Thanks,
Matt

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The Tannoy will be an upgrade over your current centre but can you still get the matching front L/R speakers to go with it?

matt9713

PSM1 said:
The Tannoy will be an upgrade over your current centre but can you still get the matching front L/R speakers to go with it?

Not sure. Would anything else go with this or is my only safe bet the matching l & r's?

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Other speakers may match OK depending on how susceptible you are to tonal differences. However, the safest bet is to just get the match fronts.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom