Worth upgrading to an Onkyo 605?

T

TwoShedsJackson

I currently have a two year old Yamaha DSP AX757SE and am happy with the sound it produces, although the auto calibrating feature left something to be desired.

Is it worth spending around £550 on an Onkyo 605 (shipping to Ireland is around £150, unfortunately). If anyone has experience of both amps I'd be interested to hear what they thought, and any general thoughts on the Onkyo's auto-setup etc.

Thanks.

Is it worth spending around £550 on an Onkyo 605 (shipping to Ireland is around £150, unfortunately).

who have you asked?

http://www.av-sales.co.uk/delivery_int.php

from amazon, seems not bad..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/seller/shipping.html?ie=UTF8&orderID=&asin=&seller=AXBZW9TNQE60B

Europe Zone 1 ETA 3 - 7 days
per Item £0.00
per Weight (kgs) £2.00
per Shipment £18.00

cheaper for a gold one :D

Europe Zone 1 ETA 3 - 7 days
per Item £15.50
per Weight (kgs) £0.00
per Shipment £4.00

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/seller/shipping.html?ie=UTF8&orderID=&asin=&seller=A3MRRQKQIL6QGU

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I had your amp before moving to the onkyo 705, the connectivity is much improved but the sound quality is pritty similar. The only reason i would upgrade is if you have more than one player that outputs the new hd sound formats (ie 1 blu-ray & 1 hd-dvd player) so you can connect both with hdmi and get the new sound formats. if you only have one stick with the yammy and use the analogue ins.

The onkyo has one problem, there is a 2-5 second delay in the audio when switching. this also occurs when you pause, fastforward, rewind on sky. it is quite annoying!

It was av-sales who quoted me £128 standard delivery and £164 express and Amazon won't ship electronics outside the UK now. I can get the receiver for €799 from an electrical place here, which is around the same price including delivery from av-sales. Can't audition it though which is why i was wondering if the receiver is worth upgrading to.

It was av-sales who quoted me £128 standard delivery and £164 express and Amazon won't ship electronics outside the UK now. I can get the receiver for €799 from an electrical place here, which is around the same price including delivery from av-sales. Can't audition it though which is why i was wondering if the receiver is worth upgrading to.

the links i provided were not amazon, but amazon sellers (i.e. small companies and individuals)

gold is provided by simply electronics not amazon.

contact them and see what they say :)

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Komplett have an irish online retail store www.komplett.ie . There was a german online place on here that a few folks have imported stuff from but I can't remember the link. Might be worth a look...

Komplett have an irish online retail store www.komplett.ie . There was a german online place on here that a few folks have imported stuff from but I can't remember the link. Might be worth a look...

Never thought of komplett, and i get all my PC stuff there, they have the 605 for 589 + 14 postage, that'd be 200 saved if I get it - thanks :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom