1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worth upgrading Pentium II 350 pc?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by dean randle, Aug 18, 2004.

1. dean randle

dean randle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have just had an old PII 350 pc returned that I used a while back. It has a Creative dxr2 dvd drive kit in it, which was £120 when I installed it (when players cost around £450!!). I now have a Sanyo Z2 projector which I connected, and found that the vga out from the dxr2 card was really poor, and the s-vid was much better, but not fantastic. Powerstrip couldn't get a 1280x720 resolution to hold when I re-booted either. My question is, would it be worth me putting in a Radeon el-cheapo card with dvi out socket? And which one would be compatible? I think the motherboard is pc100, and the hard-drive is a whopping 8 gb!!!!! lol. I would only use the pc to connect to the pj, and would I be able to use powerstrip to create a custom resolution for 1280x720 then?? Questions, questions....All help would be greatly appreciated. If you need to know any more about the pc, please ask.

Thanks in advance,

Dean.

2. drummerjohn

drummerjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    No.

Software DVD decoding wont work very well on a P2 350 let alone anything else.