1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worth upgrading my Denon 2900?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kev00, Sep 3, 2005.

1. kev00

kev00
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currently i've got a Denon 2900 (incidently up fs in the classifieds) connected to my Philips 32" LCD 32PF9986 and my Projector via component.

My question is: is it worth the upgrade to a DVI or HDMI equiped player? I have been thinking alot about the Denon 3910, but will I see a good improvement over my 2900 with dvi? Or is is worth keeping the 2900 for my projector and buying one of the in-expensive hdmi equiped players now on offer? Currently got the 2900 connected to my 32PF9986 via component (via the dvi-vga-component adapter)

Cheers,

Kev

2. ozdvduser

ozdvduser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    At The Track or Melbourne Victoria Australia
    Ratings:
    +3
    The 2900 was a killer of a player via component, IMHO keep it as your video player and wait until the dust settles on the Blue-Ray/HD-DVD fight.

3. kev00

kev00
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the thoughts. sounds like a good alternative, as you say it's killer via component (defo the best player I have owned)

still keeping my options open though as i do like the idea of a 3910 to my philips via dvi

anyone else got any other thoughts?

4. kumamoto

kumamoto
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    The move to HDMI/DVI equipped dvd player does not guarantee any improvements in picture quality. That said i had the denon 2900 and it was brilliant via components, but i upgraded to a marantz dv9500 which has hdmi and i must admit the picture quality via HDMI is better than components.
    But with HD-DVD /BluevRay round the corner maybe a bit wiser to wait and see.
    Deno 2900 is still a very formidable dvd player