Worth upgrading from a DV79 to 137 if you go the scaler route?

S

SeaUrchin

Just looking for opinions on whether it is worth the extra outlay for a DV137 as opposed to a DV79, if I intended to get an external processor such as the Lumagen HDP?

Supposing the upscaling feature of the 137 was not an issue, would it still be with the extra money for sound?

Thanks in advance guys.

wokster

Novice Member
I was wondering a similar sort of thing, in that is it worth the extra cash for the 137 over the 79 if using a panel such as the Fuji 58 series, which I would imagine would have better internal processing?

Or is there much more to this player than just scaling ability?

KenX

Standard Member
For me the main difference is in sound quality as I want to use the 137 as a multi-disk player, and it also gives me (eventually) SACD, which I have been longing for.

To be honest, I think all the fuzz about video upscaling is not so interesting since the real difference will come with 720/1080 sources and not really with DVD tweaking.

However, it is always worth upgrading if you can afford it... EVERYTHING is a matter of price/performance.

wokster said:
I was wondering a similar sort of thing, in that is it worth the extra cash for the 137 over the 79 if using a panel such as the Fuji 58 series, which I would imagine would have better internal processing?

Or is there much more to this player than just scaling ability?

Top Bottom