Worth upgradeing

supermackem

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have had the a1 since launch but im thinking of selling it and replacing with the e1 is it worth it apart from the new warrenty etc. Load times any different to that of the a1?.

I have had the a1 since launch but im thinking of selling it and replacing with the e1 is it worth it apart from the new warrenty etc. Load times any different to that of the a1?.

I own an HDV5000 (A1 equivalent) and an A2 (E1 equivalent) and the difference is the A2 is roughly twice as quick, with more responsive remote behavior, and the fan is quieter (though still audible in an otherwise quite room.) I enjoy both players.

I own an HDV5000 (A1 equivalent) and an A2 (E1 equivalent) and the difference is the A2 is roughly twice as quick, with more responsive remote behavior, and the fan is quieter (though still audible in an otherwise quite room.) I enjoy both players.

So worth it for say £50 outlay, i havent used mine for a while now but with a few gems i have on the way and dreamworks stuff in the future i really want to get back into hddvd.

So worth it for say £50 outlay, i havent used mine for a while now but with a few gems i have on the way and dreamworks stuff in the future i really want to get back into hddvd.

I would think worth it, if those user interface type issues were a concern with the A1. One could also say the newer players have a more modern and sleek appearance -- "sexier" if you will :)!

Be aware, though, there are some output connection differences. The E1 drops the 5.1 multi-channel analogue and the coax digital outputs. As long as their loss isn't an issue -- I would expect you to be fine.

I would think worth it, if those user interface type issues were a concern with the A1. One could also say the newer players have a more modern and sleek appearance -- "sexier" if you will :)!

Be aware, though, there are some output connection differences. The E1 drops the 5.1 multi-channel analogue and the coax digital outputs. As long as their loss isn't an issue -- I would expect you to be fine.

Yeah they arnt a feature for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom