1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worth trying to repair Sony PFM500?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Shahel, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Shahel

Shahel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this is my old plasma had it for about 2 years now replaced it with a panny6 after it went tits up on me. i was wondering if it was any point trying to repair it? as i have heard it usually costs alot, anyway this is wats wrong.

it was working all fine switched it off one night next day when i tried to turn it on it wouldnt work, the power light comes on and goes off and on again you can notice colour change on the panel but thats it :( like its trying to switch on but cant. any ideas guys?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    PSU gone down or the video processor has gone belly up sugest you ring Sony CS and TADL see what they say.....

3. Nickh215

Nickh215

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have a PFM500 with a broken board, possibly a power board which is the most common suggestion.. Did you manage to resolve the problem with your machine...?

4. cyclops

cyclops

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, I am piling in here with the exact problem reported earlier in 2004 by Shahel. PFM500 switching itself on and off. Tried repairing at authorised Sony repairs, charged me £80 to claim all was fine. Probs started as soon as it got back home. Someone said voltage irregularities might affect it so got a UPS ( uninterruptible power supply) and also replaced all batteries on remotes which alleviated situation for 1 month of clear use, now on the blink again before World Cup final. Any suggestions? Am broke really so cannot afford new plasma.