1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worth the saving?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by PJONG, Aug 5, 2001.

1. PJONG

PJONG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BT are offering customers a £30 credit for any new subscribers to Sky Digital.

As it's a lottery which decoder you get when Sky do the install is it worth getting my local installer to do it, foregoing the £30 credit, as they can offer me a definite model, latest Pace or Panasonic?

And of the two boxes, which is considered better in terms of picture on sound, I'm not too fussed about bells and whistles.

Thanks

Phil

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    From what I've heard, the Panasonic is the superior model and well worth £30 extra.

But, if you've got a dolby digital home cinema system, then it is worth trying to get hold of the sony box, cos it's got an optical output. Although there is no dolby digital on Sky at present, they are planing on implepenting this by the end of the year.

If you decide you want the Sony, I think you might have to look hard to get one on the free basis. The Panasonic is easier to get.

Good luck!