1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worth the money for the last 30mins alone

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dUnKle, Nov 1, 2000.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,498
    just a shame that the first 90mins were a bit slow and stale.

John Woo did himself proud in the last half hour of MI:2. So he may have stole the bunker scene from METAL GEAR SOLID and the fight from TEKKEN 3 but who cares, the bike chase was ( IMHO ) well worth the cash !!!!

Absouletly great !

Someone has put a post saying it sounded flat. I would be interested to know what they really meant, as the sound for me was great. It really reminded me of why im glad I own my A1D. The sound was great, although rear effects were a little limited. Good solid Bass that went real deep when needed and some great effects. The dialouge also never got lost in all the ruff stuff.

Just a pity Mr Hunt never got to use his fighting and shooting skills that little bit more, oh well there will always be MI:3 and we can hope that Mr Woo gets a job with the next BOND movie !!!!!!!

2. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,498
    just watched some of the extras on the disc. Now im not an extras fan and this is probably only the second lot I have bothered with out of a collection of 150+ but im glad I did.

The spoof MISSION IMPROBABLE, was very funny, even featuring spoofs of MAGNOLIA and COCKTAIL.

May now consider watching some of the other extras now

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just finiahed watching MI:2 (I did see it at the cinema), and I enjoyed it even more this time!
    Gotta agree with you though Duncan....the last 30-40 minutes really make the movie.

As far as the extras are concerned..I watched most of those yesterday and they are graet...some of the best I have seen in ages.

" He's harmless" roflmao !

------------------
    "Why do I do this? Three reasons: the pay is good, the scenery changes, and they let me use explosives."

http://www.ypcc.co.uk

4. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    I thought the film as a whole was below average. Woo copied too much from Face Off and the bad guy was just 'Not evil enough' (as a famous bald bad guy once said to his son).

I also think that Thandie Newton was underused in the film (and yes she is nice) and it concentrated too much on the Cruiser.

It also lacked the double-triple-quadruple cross plot of the original and concentrated too much on action.

I saw the spoof thing on the MTV music awards.

5. StuartBooth

StuartBooth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tom Cruise in Magnolia reminded me a LOT of him in Cocktail. I thoroughly enjoyed the Frank MacKay seminar extra on the Magnola 2disc set. I nearly wet myself with laughter.

6. Elephant Man

Elephant Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Mr Woo made Van Damme superhuman.
    Keanu Reeves thinks that hes totally hard after the Matrix.
    But Tom was made the coolest, who better that!
    Blade maybe.

7. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    He's on a wire you know???