Question Worth Starting Now?

Discussion in 'Xbox One Games' started by Goooner, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Goooner

Goooner
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18,114
    Is it worth getting into this now, or is everyone max-level and doing end-game stuff?

I see it's now around £33 for the Digital Guardian edition on HK, which doesn't seem too bad.

Not exactly sure how it works, is it like a MMORPG type thing with lots of group missions as well as solo stuff? If so, can you solo the early stuff if you need to or are there plenty of other low-level people around to help out if needed?

2. Lostsoul 301281

Lostsoul 301281

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,815
    I've seen low level players still knocking around.
    Maybe they're long time players' second or third characters, but there's still people jumping in later, especially with deals on the game.

It's not really like an MMO.
    Personally, I'd say it's like a poor mans attempt at a Borderlands MMO, but without the ability to trade weapons and items between players.

It does have it's good points, but I personally cannot play it as much as others do.

The strikes and raids are always best done with people you are in a party with.
    Never play with randoms.

First time around, the story mode stuff is quite tough solo, but even using the heroic modifier when replaying these missions later when more leveled up they can quite easily be completed alone.

3. Chrisharry12345

Chrisharry12345

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,259

If its something you think you will enjoy then why not! It doesnt take too long to get a character up to speed. The story you can solo which will get you to 20ish then you can probably get to 33/34 in a couple of weeks?

4. Cha1ky

Cha1ky
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25,293
    I'd say get it.....but there is new DLC due in September that is quite big.

You'll be able to pick up full collectors editions or legendary editions for what you will end up paying for it now and the dlc further on.

The dlc on its own is £40. But you can buy the legendary edition on amazon which has the game and all dlc for £46!!! You will have to wait until September for it though.

It's a game you'll need to sink a good few hours into to get the most of because the game itself really gets good once you reach end game with raids and the likes.

5. Johnmcl7

Johnmcl7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,591
    I've just taken my third character up from level 6 to 27 in the last few days, there's still lower level players around as it was still matchmaking strikes ok. Also you don't need to upgrade to the vanilla armour then the first DLC armour, you can now hop straight up to the latest armour so you can jump up to the high ranks reasonably quickly.

Edit - Also if you wanted to play now, I think if you preorder the deluxe digital version (£51 I think on the US/Canadian store) you get Destiny and the two DLC's now and then Taken King when it comes out. It's slightly more than the disc version but it means you don't have to wait although I wouldn't take my word on it, have a proper look first as I might well be wrong.

John

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015