1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worth spending the extra ££ on Epos M5's over ELS3?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Pezerinno, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Pezerinno

Pezerinno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Hi everyone, hope all is well. I've pretty much got my heart on a pair of Epos booksehelve speakers for my second system (that I will keep up at uni). I was planning on buying the ELS3 speakers but am wondering whether you think its worth spending the extra £85 for the M5's? I've heard some people say that the ELS3's lack bass (possibly due to their size) hence thinking about the M5's as I won't be using a sub. However my uni accom is in a flat so don't want to disturb neighbours with those low frequency sounds that travel any which way, also speakers will be near walls so wouldn't want them to 'boom' (which I imagine they could with larger speakers).

Also If I went with the M5's I may be tempted to look for a better amp and thus more money (of which is pretty tight right now I might add).

Just after your thoughts on this really?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Nick.