Worth replacing Sony kdl-43w807c with any of these?

pixxyco

Novice Member
Hi, I need to purchase a TV to put in another room and all I need is a smart 43" TV. So I was wondering if it was worth upgrading my Sony kdl-43w807c HD TV with a new 49/50" TV and putting the Sony in the other room.
I didn't really want to spend over £600 and have found the following but wasn't sure if worth the upgrade.
We mostly watch films, series and some sport, stream with some terrestrial tv, odd dvd and bluray, but having no motion blur in sport is important. Our room 12ft by 12ft, so not very big.
  1. Sony KD49XH9196BU Sony refurb at £579 This appears to be same refresh rate with 4K and HDR
  2. Sony KD49XH8196BU £549 at Richer sounds, although screen refresh appears to be only 50hz
  3. panasonic tx-50hx800 £599
  4. LG 49NAN)866NA 49" £599
If I'm not going to see any noticeable difference then I might as well throw a cheap smart TV in other room and keep my Sony.
Thanks

Last edited:

Dodgexander

Small difference with that budget and a TV like the top two you list. 3 & 4 are regressions, the Panasonic with a 60hz panel, the LG with an IPS panel. Sony 49XH9505 is where the value is, I highly recommend that TV, over anything else, include dirt cheap budget models.

pixxyco

Novice Member
Thanks for reply. So I'd notice difference with Sony 49XH9505, as can get one for £650, customer return refurb.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom