Worth (Netflix) Movie Review

richp007

Distinguished Member
It sounds interesting to be honest. Anything around that subject has my senses piqued anyway, and it's certainly something different on the matter.

Plus I'll watch Keaton in anything.

Tom Davies

Editorial Contributor
It is interesting, without a doubt.

A bit of a chop here and there would have done the world of good and given it the urgency and weight it's lacking.

Still pretty good, though.

keithwiggins

It is interesting, without a doubt.

A bit of a chop here and there would have done the world of good and given it the urgency and weight it's lacking.

Still pretty good, though.
thanks accurate review, i really enjoyed it but 7 is about right, it lacked an emotional beat or two.

Slinkywizard

Watched this last night. Score is bang on. Well made, decent enough performances, competent direction.

But it lacked the passion and power of something like Spotlight, even though the source material has, on paper, equal potential to move us. So something is missing. I agree the structure felt formulaic and predicatable, but also it lacked the rawness of Spotlight as well as the suspenseful and often surprising discoveries that saw Spotlight's tempo lurch and ricochet like a pea in a tin.

groucho marx

enjoyed this,i thought it was a very good watch,although i am thoroughly enjoying michael keatons late revival after being quiet for a while although hes the lead in this i felt stanley tucci steals the show,,never seemed to drag really,i would recommend it

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Excellent movie, watched it on Friday as soon as it came out. deffo 7/10.

Hampy1972

Distinguished Member
Very good film about a subject that no one really wants to discuss or hardly knows anything about, Keaton is sublime (Always)

Great acting, script and performances, mention to Stanley Tucci who I admire greatly...

8/10 for me. Wish we had more films like this. Something with gravitas and weight!

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Nice review Tom. I'll be making a beeline for this shortly. Always good to Michael Keaton headlining too.

museumsteve

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review Tom.
I really enjoyed it but would have liked to have seen a bit of substance about the calculation methods.
I'll happily watch it again and would buy it on disc as a keeper.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom