Worth it on 720p?

MrCynical

Established Member
Reaction score
Due to space constraints my high-def TV is 720p-only. Is it worth getting a Bluray player or should I just stick with upscaled DVDs?

Definitely a vast improvement over normal DVD's that I think you will benefit from. However with the uncertainty of the format war, do you really want to purchase a potential Betamax. I know BLah BLah Blah Time Warner has sided with Blu-ray but potentially both formats could still fail. Up to you at the end of the day but there is a marked improvement even with a 720p. People will say that there isn't but then they will post in another thread that you can't see the difference between a 720p set and a 1080p set under 50". Ultimately you are getting a higher resolution and will notice the difference. Period.

How big is your screen size? You should notice a difference, but if it's a 32" or smaller (and you watch from far away) you may wonder if it's worth the expense right now.

Due to space constraints my high-def TV is 720p-only. Is it worth getting a Bluray player or should I just stick with upscaled DVDs?

Hi MrCynical :)
What display do you have? LCD or Plasma,i can them move to the relevant forum for you. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom