1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worth getting custom made?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by samuraijack, Mar 6, 2004.

1. samuraijack

samuraijack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I need to get a SCART to s-video + 2 phono cable. Because of the way I have my equipment set up the s-video part of the cable and the 2 phonos need to go in different directions. Also the s-video part needs to be about 1m longer (2.5m in total) than the phonos.

Is it worth getting this custom made or should I just get a standard one? I guess I'd have to pull the phono leads part of the cable away from the video lead part so I can take them in different directions - any problems doing this?

Any recommendations for where to go for custom made if I were to go that route (wouldn't want to spend over 50 quid)?

Cheers,

Neil

2. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,212
    I was after a lead like that years ago and never managed to find one, In the end i made one up myself.

When you say a standard one, I`m guessing you mean scart to four phono`s and S/Video both ways ? If so your still not going to get one with a different length on the S/Video part.

I think you would be better off getting one specially made.

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,573
    samuraijack

Our good friend at VanDamme often build 'non equal' multicore cables for us so no problem supplying what your after; and should be within budget too.

Best regards

Joe