• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Worth getting a high speed SD card?

Miyazaki

Novice Member
Considering which SD card to get in anticipation of actually getting my wii console.

Is the wii able to utilise high speed SD cards, or should I just get a bog standard one?

Cheers.

kreeeee

Novice Member
SD cards read quickly anyway and since the data sizes are very low a standard one will do.

Kingston 2GB for £13 on amazon :)

Hi from OcUK :)

SHPanda

Novice Member
Considering which SD card to get in anticipation of actually getting my wii console.

Is the wii able to utilise high speed SD cards, or should I just get a bog standard one?

Cheers.

To be honest the data you'll put on and off your SD card will never be bigger than 32mb, I think 64mb was the largest N64 game (Resident Evil 2) and I doubt that will be on the Virtual Console, so is there really any need for it to be high speed?

Miyazaki

Novice Member
Is there really any need for more than a 256mb SD card, given that information then?

Cheers.

NX3

I've read on another forum there is a different in write speed between x1 SD cards and higher. However I doubt there is much point in getting a true x133 card. You can get a 1gb x60 on amazon for less than £15. As for the sizes it depends what you plan to do with VC games, saves games, mp3s, movies etc

MonkeyKnuckle

Novice Member
If you move a downloaded game to the SD card and erase it off the system can you play it off the card? Because i saw a video which showed you couldn't.

I was thinking of buying an SD card but then thought, 'Why do I need it?'

Ratinho

Technically, we don't even need cards for games guys.

As far as I know, as soon as you've paid for a game, you can re-download it whenever you want. I reccomended a high speed card earlier, but thinking about it, just one to transfer on and off the internal memory will do.

Darbo

i have a 32meg and a 64meg that i use in my phone, can anyone tell me why neither one of these are recognised by the wii? my phone/computer/laptop all use them perfectly, i'm a bit vexxed right now

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom