Worth doing a home cinema upstairs?

John24ssj

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I will try to keep this short. To kick things off this my current layout of my living room home theatre:

It has couple of issues one of the main ones being that opening into a dining room, i'm just not getting a good bass impact from this system :( Well I mean it's not bad now, when bass goes off the room feels filled, sofa vibrates like mad and there is a slight tactile feeling on the body.

Essentially for the past 2 years or so I have been after good bass with proper tactile feedback (chest slam). Went through quite a few subs spent more money than I ever wanted to spend and ended up with dual Pb-3000 setup which in all honesty I am still rather disappointed with.
All of this searching has really annoyed my wife and for the past 2 years audio stuff is the only thing that has been on my mind. We have recently decided that we will not be having a child (yet) and she just said that this opens up a room upstairs that could potentially become a home cinema/gaming room.

Essentially this room would be right above the living room. Two walls are brick and outside facing, while other two are simple hollow plasterboard walls. The floor ha been recently insulated with rockwool and is carpeted. Also for context all of the living room walls downstairs were solid brick.
The layout below:

This is the room before carpet was installed:

Now my question is if it's worth trying to create the home cinema in the room upstairs? I mean I will need new Sofa, blinds, TV, receiver and speakers since I don't want to completely strip what is currently setup downstairs, and I am just not sure if it's a worth while time and money investment as i've already spent more than I ever wanted. Also this was meant to be her crafts room as well and I feel like I already invaded downstairs.

Because this room would be much smaller, would I have better chance of pressuring it with bass and finally getting that chest slam I've been chasing for the past 2 years?
What do you guys think?

I can't tell if you're asking about AV or asking about life and relationships :)
Yeah you do have a point. I mean I really love AV and I feel passionate about it, BUT it's also this massive time/money sink-hole and wife is sick of hearing me talk about it all the time :(

It's none of my business but people who care about you may sometimes suggest something and are only doing it because they want you to be happy.

And the question is, if you do this room would you be happy, or would the bug still be there?

I know you know this but I'm just saying, maybe for her you may want to consider trying to just be happy with what you have.

Sorry to intrude. :) (But I've been there!)

Oh no that's fine, I do value any opnions or insight from people who have been there. Thanks for sharing your insight.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom