• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Worth changing small 5.1 speakers for large ones?

Unlucky Alf

I’ve had a long standing issue with not being able to hear dialogue clearly from my HC setup ( a Sony DGR-820 and Jamo A102 package). I’ve recently set it all back up from scratch after some redecoration, double checking the connections and increasing the centre speaker level, but while it’s improved things slightly, i still get a lot of mumbling. Granted, I’ve been using Tom Hardy/Chris Nolan films as tests, which are of course notorious for this, but after digging into it, I’m wondering if the Jamos, being small fist sized speakers, are too underpowered and larger speakers would be a solution.

Mr Andy

Well they should still sound better than inbuilt speakers. Where are they located? A picture may help.
I've seen cases where people have put bigger speakers in but had to comprise on the position so much smaller speakers might have been better.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom