Worth buying a Pioneer? (HDCP Sky Box issues)

R

rickchana

Hi...was after some advice on whether it is worth investing in a Pioneer 436SXE....given the recent problems people have been having with HDCP compatibility issues with the new SKy HD boxes.

I am really wanting to purchase one however am concerned that i will have to permanently use the SKy box through component connection and surely this will be of lower quality than HDMI. I have emailed pioneer direct and they suggest just using component whilst they undergo investigations. However, does this mean that once they solve the problem, i would have to send back my plasma for them to fix.

Am i better off waiting for the issue to resolve before purchasing? However, i am also aware that retailers are running short on these pioneers in stock tehrefore tempted to buy one ASAP.

If the plasma connected via an AV Amp with HDMI and the sky box directly into the amp, will this avoid the problem?

Please help??? Cheers.

thewul

Novice Member
you will not have to send your set back, pioneer will send out an agent to rectify it in the home

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom