Worth adding Roksan K3 Power Amp to a Roksan K3 integrated amp?

Ironically Simple

Novice Member
Evening all,
I have just upgraded my HiFi gear & bought a pair of Deli Opticon 6 Mk.2's floor stands & a Roksan K3 integrated amp to power them. It sounds great don't get me wrong but I also noticed that Roksan do a K3 Power amp that is designed to go with the K3 integrated amp.

Is it worth adding the Roksan K3 power amp to pair it up with the Roksan K3 integrated amp & set it up for Bi-amping or a pre/power amp setup?

I'm aware that the K3 is plenty to power the Dali's but might it add a bit more control over the bass drivers?
Is there any issues with Bi-Amping, what are the positives & Negatives in doing so?

Thanks for the help & replies guys, I'm pretty new to this & i upgraded from a Yamaha AS-300 & a pair of PMC Twenty 21's, so this is the first time i have had pretty powerful speakers & a good amp.

Edit 1 : So i have been looking around the net & was thinking of Valve preamps & the warm sound they give. Does anyone know if you can plugin a valve pre-amp to the Roksan integrated K3 amp?
The amp does have a 'pre-amp output, a bypass input & a bypass switch (between AV & Bypass imputs). So I assume a pre-amp can be plugged into the K3, correct?

To make things even more complex, would it be possible to have a setup as follows:
Valve Pre-amp > Roksan K3 Power Amp > Roksan K3 Integrated amp?
If so I assume that would be the ideal setup & so would that be the way to go?

-Ironically Simple

Last edited:

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
I'm aware that the K3 is plenty to power the Dali's but might it add a bit more control over the bass drivers?
Is there any issues with Bi-Amping, what are the positives & Negatives in doing so?
Probably not much with the specific speakers. If you can borrow a K3, you could try it out.
There are no issues with bi-amping. Negative is cost, positive is probably objectively minimal, but could be subjectively huge (imagination has few limits).

Does anyone know if you can plugin a valve pre-amp to the Roksan integrated K3 amp?
You can, using the AV input.
Note that "warm sound" is a euphemism for "massive harmonic distortion". Good valve pre-amps don't have that sound but cost well over your apparently price point. I would recommend careful comparative auditioning.

Valve Pre-amp > Roksan K3 Power Amp > Roksan K3 Integrated amp?
If so I assume that would be the ideal setup & so would that be the way to go?
That isn't the way things work. You can bi-amp, but Power -> Integrated is the wrong way around. If you want a valve pre-amp and a K3 power amp, I suggest you sell the integrated.

vavrys

Standard Member
Hi, I had K2 integrated and power connected to my MA GX300 and need to say the difference was significant even with cheap cables (QED XT350). Definitely better than running only integrated amp with better cables (Kimber 8TC).
Hope it helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom