1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst time to buy?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by rudy, Apr 1, 2005.

1. rudy

rudy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Trying to help a mate purchase a telly. Looking at lcd's or plasmas. I've told him to go HD ready if poss and wait a few months

I think Horny dragon stated the new panny 500 37" will be around 2500 quid when launched..

Seems to me you'd have to be on drugs :smoke: to buy a plasma in the 2 grand category now

Am i mistaken?

2. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you're quite right.

And I wouldn't expect to pay a penny more than £1800 for the 37" PV500, and £2100 for the 42" PV500 when they're in stock. :thumbsup:

(don't listen to the forum-regulars about price....they also said there's no way it can be a G8 panel...theres no way the VGA input could be on the back...and that you'd never see a new Viera before July.... :rolleyes: not good for business this new Panasonic direction methinks)

3. Moncs

Moncs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was quoted £2.8k from the panasonic shop for the 42" PV500, think I'll wait until they get released and shop around. Wish it was May though, as you the wait is killing me :(

4. graham w

graham w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not good for business this new Panasonic direction methinks

Lots of truth in that statement fors sure! :devil: