Worst Refereeing Decisions You've Seen?

tanglung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought this might be a fun thread given what's just happened in the Villa Vs Sheff Utd game. My two would be Clive Thomas blatantly disallowing a Bryan Hamilton goal for Everton in the 1977 FA Cup semi final and a not so well known one, Graham Poll blowing for full time as Sander Westerveld had just kicked the ball into Don Hutchinsons back and the ball was heading into the net :)

Last years CL final.

*balls up fist*

The Nani goal against us at Old Trafford.

Michael Carrick diving to win a penalty at Old Trafford.

Mendes' disallowed goal at Old Trafford.

There's a pattern somewhere :D

Spurs 2 up at OT and Agent Webb gives a non penalty for a Ronaldo? dive. Ends up 5-2 to United i think.

If i can find a link the Westerveld/Hutchinson one needs to be seen to be believed. Amazed Poll was allowed to carry on reffing.

Schumacher nearly killing Battiston 1982 World Cup

Nothing can be worse than that one, incredibly instead of sending keeper Schumacher off a goal kick is given.

Can we include decisions where corruption was involved?

Carragher not getting a straight red for a studs up leg breaker on Nani. Gerrard not getting booked for being unsporting(no never!)

Nani sent off against Real Madrid in CL for a high tackle.

Fletcher yellow in CL semi ruling him out of the final against Barca.

That Ovebro ref at Stamford Bridge for Chelsea vs Barca in the CL.

Howard Webb letting De Jong off after a studs up tackle to the chest in the World Cup final - Netherlands vs Spain.

That Ovebro ref at Stamford Bridge for Chelsea vs Barca in the CL.

Howard Webb letting De Jong off after a studs up tackle to the chest in the World Cup final - Netherlands vs Spain.
Yeah that de jong one was awful

The hand of god deserves a mention too

Does the time Rangers' Kyle Lafferty got an Aberdeen player sent off for a phantom headbutt count? It appeared that one of the linesmen had a decent view of it and said nothing to the ref.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom