Question Worries about using LG CX in bright room

AFCChris

Standard Member
About to move to a new apartment with big floor to ceiling windows and it’s quite light. I was going to invest in an LG C9 or CX but after reading posts on here and other places i am worried about the peak brightness on OLEDs in a light room. Appreciate any specific advice/experiences anyone has. In Dubai where I live it gets dark no later than 7.30 all year and mostly I’m working most of the day in a working week so daylight use will be limited but still not sure what to do.

Appreciate any advice

goatherder2001

About to move to a new apartment with big floor to ceiling windows and it’s quite light. I was going to invest in an LG C9 or CX but after reading posts on here and other places i am worried about the peak brightness on OLEDs in a light room. Appreciate any specific advice/experiences anyone has. In Dubai where I live it gets dark no later than 7.30 all year and mostly I’m working most of the day in a working week so daylight use will be limited but still not sure what to do.

Appreciate any advice

Yes, I worried about this too as I have a very light kitchen/living area with floor to ceiling doors and sky lights to boot. Being south facing too. I had an LCD before and went for the Panasonic GZ1500 so probably fairly similar with respect to nits etc. Pleased to report it’s absolutely fine and I can’t honestly tell too much difference from my 2016 LED Samsung which on paper is much brighter. I did watch some YouTube videos before purchasing to see what experienced people has and it gave me the confidence to go ahead. Don’t get me wrong, current LED sets will be brighter and OLED shines more at night but still very watcheable during the day

mikej

I have no problems watching a similar OLED (Panasonic GZ950) during the day in a fairly bright room, however I suspect you get a bit more sun in Dubai than we do in the UK ! ;) :D

How reflective the screen is can also make a big difference to the viewing experience when viewing in a bright room. If the sun is shining on you through the window and the screen is particularly reflective, then I expect it'll be like looking at yourself in a mirror, no matter how bright those pixels are !

Changing to one of the picture modes with a higher luminance setting can help on particularly bright and sunny days and I don't mind drawing a curtain if necessary to cut down on unwanted reflections.

AFCChris

Standard Member
I have no problems watching a similar OLED (Panasonic GZ950) during the day in a fairly bright room, however I suspect you get a bit more sun in Dubai than we do in the UK ! ;) :D

yeah I suppose...nice problem to have I suppose!

thanks anyway

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom