worried about screen burn :-( - am i paranoid

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by raschurchill, Jan 10, 2008.

1. raschurchill

raschurchill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Recently purchased the Samsung PS50Q97HDX. I'm really worried about screwing the screen up. looking through forums i've seen you need to turn the settings down for 200 hours i.e contrast, sharpness etc... (which i've done) I've also seen you need to avoid channel logos, horizontal bars, vertical bars, static pictures etc. so that pretty much rules out dvd's and hooking up your pc.

i mean i brought this tv for better entrainment, but getting stressed out as i don't want to mess it up.

So am i being over paranoid, can i wack on a dvd that has the horizontal bars as it really wont damage the tv???? am i reading in to this screen burn to much???

please help

Rob

2. CGizzi

CGizzi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I wouldnt worry about screen burn its virtually non existant these days.

Youve paid your money just enjoy the TV without worrying.

3. un1eash

un1eash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,421
    I think i'm correct in saying screen burn doesnt really effect modern screens anymore unless you abuse one with very high settings.

Everyone i tell ive got a plasma the first thing they say is what about screen burn, i think it'll take plasmas a while to lose this rep.

4. nazzo1

nazzo1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It is retention that ppl get worried about, screen burn is virtually non existant in today's technology. The first thing I did when i got my panny 50" was to hook up my PC. The other day i remember watching a DVD movie with black bars top and bottom of the screen and after 2.5 hrs of watch i had slight retention where the bars were but it disappeared within a minute. I wouldnt overly worry about it, i would just enjoy the screen for what it is.

5. raschurchill

raschurchill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks all. you've put my mind at a rest

many thanks

Rob