• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Worried about Sammy's 3D quality

arda371

Standard Member
Hey folks. If you remember me I got my C8000 last month but cant set it up for further 2 weeks.

reading these forums and many reviews I do have a feeling that I could have made a bad purchase.

So many people in the forums complain with the 3D quality of games, movies or TV shows, and the complains are usually the crosstalk.

I know that people WITH problems are usually posting and there could be thousands of happy costumers out there but is the 3D effect in sammys under par?

People whom DONT have problems, are you guys 100% happy with the 3d quality?

I just read in another post here that the problem is with the glasses and sammy is working on a better glasses for their 3D experience. Would you agree with this?

Thank you.

94jdh

Established Member
More than happy with my investment. I have a number of different types of 3D material (blu-ray movies, sbs movies, games) & it certainly seems to be dependant on the quality of the source material & how it was made. Also, as mentioned on here before, having both the TV and 3d glasses on for a period of time prior to viewing (ie not from cold) considerably reduces some of the ghosting on some material. Watched Avatar in SBS format for about 45mins, even though it is not full hd, effects were very good.

glen8

Established Member
Yes, I watched a video review where they said the samsungs needed 30-45mins to warm up. They tried doing this agreed it made a big difference.

General Panic

Established Member
Had my C8000 for over 2 months now and can't say i've had any "bad" experiences with the 3D. Must say i'm not using it as much as i thought i would for the 3D stuff. Got 3 films and watched a couple matches on Sky's 3D footie games.
Only had one gaming experince on my 360 in 3D with Black Ops and in all these things film,tv and game , not seen any ghosting i can remember.

I've also not seen any other tv working in 3D so have no comparison to make. I demo'd this set and bought it on the quality of what i saw at the time.

I believe , though not tried this myself that the latest firmware update from Samsung lets you "tweak" the 3d settings with a plus and minus scale to help smooth out any ghosting issues , not seen this in action yet but will try it on my next 3d film which will be Alice out next month.

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
Over the moon with my 55" C8000 I have had it a month now and its awesome in 3D can't be more happy after using the latest firmware.
You will be fine :thumbsup:

adrianwright

Established Member
If you can cope with obvious crosstalk when using 3D playback, you will be fine. I have had 2 of the 63C7000 models and these suffer from this terrible.

In fact the second one delivered today, which is a replacement for the initial one only lasted 2 mintues before the picture went screwy and broke down into a display of multicoloured shards with sound and no picture :mad:

If you look at the Crosstalk you see on the Samsung, you will not see this on the Panasonic which I demoed on Tuesday of this week.

Both of these 63 inchers are now going back to Amazon for a full refund and I am looking at getting the 3D 50" Panasonic set.

freero

Established Member
More than happy with my investment. I have a number of different types of 3D material (blu-ray movies, sbs movies, games) & it certainly seems to be dependant on the quality of the source material & how it was made.

I'll echo those comments :smashin:

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
If you can cope with obvious crosstalk when using 3D playback, you will be fine. I have had 2 of the 63C7000 models and these suffer from this terrible.

In fact the second one delivered today, which is a replacement for the initial one only lasted 2 mintues before the picture went screwy and broke down into a display of multicoloured shards with sound and no picture :mad:

If you look at the Crosstalk you see on the Samsung, you will not see this on the Panasonic which I demoed on Tuesday of this week.

Both of these 63 inchers are now going back to Amazon for a full refund and I am looking at getting the 3D 50" Panasonic set.

No dis-respect to you mate but where are you buying these 7000 tv's from a guy on a car park out of back of a truck :laugh:
I have heard from loads of different people that the 7000 sets do suffer from lots of crosstalk but I can honestly say the 8000 sets are awesome.

adrianwright

Established Member
No dis-respect to you mate but where are you buying these 7000 tv's from a guy on a car park out of back of a truck :laugh:
I have heard from loads of different people that the 7000 sets do suffer from lots of crosstalk but I can honestly say the 8000 sets are awesome.

Not a problem, I understand the need for you to defend your purchase, I would be the same. If the guy who owns the truck in the Car Park is called Amazon.co.uk, then I can answer yes.

I must look at the 8000 when looking at replacing this heap of scrap, although with it being a Samsung, I am not holding out too much hope.

Apparently, crosstalk is also far worse on the LCD sets.

You get what you pay for I suppose. This explains why the 50" Panasonic is only £200 cheaper than the 63" Samsung.

Fall Guy

Standard Member
No complaints for my PS50C6900 good picture quality and very little crosstalk apart from bright objects that are almost up your nose if you know what I mean.

phil5743

Established Member
Not a problem, I understand the need for you to defend your purchase, I would be the same. If the guy who owns the truck in the Car Park is called Amazon.co.uk, then I can answer yes.

I must look at the 8000 when looking at replacing this heap of scrap, although with it being a Samsung, I am not holding out too much hope.

Apparently, crosstalk is also far worse on the LCD sets.

You get what you pay for I suppose. This explains why the 50" Panasonic is only £200 cheaper than the 63" Samsung.

If only the world was ideal - trouble with the Pannys is their non-3d related disadvantages - dull, washed out, SD picture and motion-related problems as well as the drab design - simply wouldnt have passed my wife's living room standards.

Joefester

Standard Member
I've had this TV for almost 3 months now and I think its the bees knees. I don't have a 3D bluray player yet, but COD Black ops looks absolutely amazing.

glen8

Established Member
You can only go so far with forum members recommendations. Ideally you need to see the TV for youself.

There are people on here who probably don't know what is considered to be an acceptable level of crosstalk and what isn't. They maybe happy, but you may not.

I'm in the same boat and seriously considering the Toshiba

Zkalra

Standard Member
I have the 55c7k Sammy and the panny 50vt20. Both exhibit significant amounts of crosstalk in movies and games. Especially in gaming ( probably due to the much more parallax) there is IMMENSE crosstalk and I have tried this on multiple plasmas in the store by taking my ps3 to the store.

The reason I bought the panny after already having the Sammy was that all forums said that the panny didn't have crosstalk. Well I got duped. They do and I must let all know that 3d of all kinds on all format (including DLP) has tons of crosstalk. Some people simply don't notice it and I feel that these guys are lucky. That doesn't mean it isn't there. There are tons of forums that clearly exhibit the same problems with current 3d technology and content as I am facing.

That being said, I feel the next gen 3d will be a lot better due to better glasses and faster response times on the panels etc. Also I feel the content providers have to do a bit more work to provide the best 3d experience.

Zkalra

Standard Member

I have heard the exact opposite. Go figure.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom