1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried about my new Tosh 36zp18

Discussion in 'TVs' started by balders, Jul 31, 2001.

1. balders

balders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I've got a Tosh 36zp18 on order, but I must admit to being somewhat worried by all the problems that people seem to be having with them.

Has anyone actually received a model that does not have any problems with humming, dark spots, color spots etc? I guess the nature of online forums is that people tend to share more of their bad experiences than good. I'd be interested to know if anyone is 100% happy with their purchase.

Also, can anyone suggest a few quick tests that I can perform when my TV arrives to check out whether it is suffering from any of the known problems?

Finally, for those that have had some pain but who are now happy, is the TV worth the hassle?

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Balders

I've got the 36ZP and I'm completely happy with it. Don't have any problems and I'm pretty fussy.

I've said before that if you're buying a 32 or 36 widescreen TV you have a fair chance that you'll need an engineer or have to exchange it and that you're lucky if you get one that has no problems. For this reason you need to know that you're going to get good aftersales service from the place you buy it from.

I rejected a couple of Philips and was not happy with a Sony etc etc etc - partly it's luck of the draw but overall, as I say, the 36ZP is a superb TV. I have absolutely no hesitation in recomending it to anybody.

Cheers
    OG

3. kenjolly

kenjolly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

have to agree with OG. After sales service is important which is why I bought locally rather than through the internet - The 36" set was £100 more but I feel it was worth it.

Haven't had any problems with color spots, buzzing, etc. Spotted minor (really minor) geometry problem using T2 THX tests but not noticeable when actually using the set.

Currently (fingers crossed) extermely happy with it.