Worldwide Warranty?

Discussion in 'Apple Forum' started by hutch, May 4, 2007.

1. hutch

hutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,224
    Do Apple offer a Worldwide warranty on the MacBook? Im after buying one from Singapore when I get these next week but need to make sure its covered once I get it home.

Also, is the PSU you get with it universal or will I need a stepdown in the UK and should I take out the APP (Applecare Protection Plan) or is it a rip off?

Questions questions :rolleyes:

2. williemaykit

williemaykit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    As far as I am aware, it should be coverd. My MBP is under international warranty by default and my previous PB was too. The PB was serviced no questions asked in the UK. Both machines were purchased in Hong Kong. Just phone your nearest Apple store and ask if you take the machine of the country and there is a problem will it be covered

I would also buy the Apple Care warranty while you are there. It is much cheaper in Asia than it is here (mine was about £120 cheaper). It gives you 3 year support and warranty vs the 90 day support and 1 year warranty without the Apple Care. With my old PB, I wished I had bought it as it developed a fault with the SuperDrive conveniently after the factory warranty had finished.

The PSU is universal. You just need to get a UK plug which fits on the end of the PSU.

3. jian

jian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    worldwide warranty on all portable computers.

4. hutch

hutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,224
    superb, thanks guys :thumbsup:

5. Deleted member 92943

Deleted member 92943

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jesus, i should have bought a Macbook Pro when i was in the US back in January. Would have been almost half price:eek:

I am lost for words:eek: I am such an idiot for not getting one then:suicide:

6. williemaykit

williemaykit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    It's ok Lee, just go to hong kong instead - cheaper than the US, they use the same plugs as us, air fares are really cheap with Oasis Hong Kong and its a great place to visit :). I have bought alot of the toys in my home from there because they have some of the cheapest prices in the world (having no sales tax might have something to do with it)